Water Damage – Protecting Your Family From The Effects Of Mold

Living with mold can be harmful to one’s health. Black mold can grow in the lungs and attach itself becoming a problem to the body. The immune system can break down and even mold has been known to be found in the blood stream.

There are lots of natural remedies for mold out there to choose from. The EPA has a list of environmentally safe mold removers that you can use. Some people insist you can remove mold altogether by making a mold removal services remover from ingredients in your kitchen. These solutions need to be used continuously in order to stay on top of the problem. Check the EPA website for approved organic mold removers.

Your local Whole Foods or co-op should have crystallized citric acid on hand and it is relatively inexpensive. Use about 1 cup of acid to 1.5 gallons of hot water. You are able to wring out your mop a little and spread it on lightly, but the chances of it evaporating before you get around to scrubbing increase when you use less. Soak the floor(tile floors only) if you have a large room and need time to do all the scrubbing. Letting the acid soak a little will also give it time to break up mineral deposits, dirt, rust and of course the black mold.

It may be difficult for home owners to detect and locate the exact places of mold growth. As they have no particular smell, most people do not even realize that such mold is growing in their homes. It is suggested that you seek a professional’s help in such case. They would conduct a thorough investigation to find out the exact location of the mold growth. Their testing results would show the type of mold that has infected your house. With mold testing done, you can start the removal and remediation process.

When you get back to your property, resist the urge to go in right away. Look around the exterior for damage and to make sure the building is structurally sound. Remember that flood waters can literally shift a building on its foundation, making it prone to collapse. You do not want to risk the whole thing coming down on top of you.

The first thing that the mould removal company will do is to remove the excess moisture that the mold thrives upon. This is done through the use of a dehumidifier. The use of a fan is prohibited since it can cause the spores to become airborne. Sometimes the mold has penetrated so much that only removal of the area can effectively clear the mold. If it is a patch of carpeting, then you should get rid of the carpet and buy a new one.

Mold spores that float in the air can settle onto your skin and cause allergic reaction to your skin without you having direct contact with the it. Besides that, inhaling the musty smell from this dangerous living organism could also cause redness in your skin.

It is much better living in a safe and clean environment. Always prioritize the safety of your family. Look for options and choose the best services for your homes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.